- Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction), University of Southern Queensland
- Master of Taxation Law, University of New South Wales
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax Institute
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
ExperienceRaffi has over 20 years experience in the tax profession across big-4 accounting firms, mid-tier accounting firms and the Australian Taxation Office.
He specialises in advising Australian and foreign businesses on taxation issues impacting their structures and business operations, including international structures and cross-border dealings. His clients include privately-owned business groups of various sizes, private equity-owned business groups and multinationals with Australian subsidiaries and operations.
Raffi’s extensive experience covers the following areas:
- Tax-effective business structuring and restructuring
- Advising Australian business clients on expanding technology, manufacturing, services and distribution operations offshore using tax-effective structures
- Advising foreign business clients on setting-up Australian operations and Australian regional headquarters using tax-effective structures
- Advising business clients on buying/selling business transactions in a tax-effective manner
- Assisting clients to implement transactions, including working with legal, banking, private equity and liquidation specialists
- Transaction and tax due diligence support, both sell-side and buy-side to maximise tax outcomes
- ATO audit and dispute support
In addition, he is a senior presenter for CPA Australia, The Tax Institute, the Television Education Network and Legalwise and has presented multiple sessions and papers on contemporary taxation issues.